Wednesday, July 29, 2009

New Airmar TM260 1kW Transom Mounted Transducer

I had a few of these show up at the store today so I thought I'd snap a few photos to show you what it looks like. I put a CD in the pics to give you an idea of size. This thing is a beast, but is well made and goes together very easily. In the box you get the huge urethane ducer (might be plastic but feels just like their other urethane ducers), a robust plastic mount to hold the ducer, a few wedges to get the angle off the transom right, and a big metal mount that actually gets screwed to the transom. Without it mounted I was not able to get the ducer to "kick-up", however in a visual inspection it looks like it should kick up just fine if you hit something.

This is the latest offering from Airmar, offering their high quality ceramics in a transom mounted ducer. Performance will be similar to a the B260 through hull or M260 in-hull. There is a temp sensor on it but no speed sensor.






No comments: